Friday, July 25, 2008

What's Up With The Runaround?

This morning I have my treadmill stress test.

(For the background on the series of tests being done on my heart, please take a look at my post on LA Moms Blog.)

I'm pumped. This is going to be great.

I'm sure excitement is running high at Cedars-Sinai right now and preparations are in full swing. The technicians are buffing the chrome rails of the treadmill with lambskin cloths. Neon orange cones have been set out to protect my parking space from poachers. Fresh copies of Yacht Management and Highlights have been fanned out on a small table for my enjoyment.

But I have questions.
  • Should I bring my own copy of the "Chariots of Fire" soundtrack (which sounds uncannily like this) or will they provide one?

  • Will there be a qualified MT (massage therapist) standing by in the event of a calf cramp?

  • Will my suite have a whirlpool bath?

In the end, of course, I'm sure all the fretting and preparations will be worth it. And as I dash in slo-mo across that (rotating) finish line, smiling at the cheering doctors and nurses and brushing shimmering confetti from my tear-filled eyes, I will know that this brief journey has brought me one step closer to the ultimate challenge.

Completing the insurance paperwork.

No comments: