Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Official CHICKtionary Book Trailer!

(Yes, They Make Those Now)

I am so excited to share with you the premiere of the official book trailer for The CHICKtionary!

Filmed and directed by the amazing Lisa Rae Rosenberg (author of one of my all-time favorite blogs - Smacksy), and edited by the delightful Craig Vandeman (husband of another favorite - Lee Vandeman), this project was a blast from beginning to end.

(Well, it was for
me, anyway. Come to think of it, the last few times I called those guys, it went straight to voicemail. Hmmm...)

Anyway - here it is!



[If you can't see the video player, just click here to be magically transported to YouTube Land.]

By the way, The CHICKtionary is now shipping from Amazon and Barnes & Noble and can be pre-ordered from IndieBound. The book will also be in stock at brick-and-mortar bookstores by Halloween. Spooky, huh?

Thanks for watching and I'll have information about events and appearances - and more! - in upcoming posts.

(Pssst... Don't worry, though - I promise I'll talk about other stuff, too. I mean blahblahblah, right? I get it.)

17 comments:

Heather said...

This is awesome!!! So excited!!!

Just one question: will there be an upstate NY stop on the book tour? I know you'll be in the city, but there are lots of us who live in the majority of the state that *isn't* the city too, y'know...

XOXO

dera frances white said...

Congrats... the trailer looks great! (I had no idea that Lisa was so good behind the camera!?) And was that Patton Oswald's voice?

Ann Imig said...

Oh this is too perfect. Anna you are TERRIFIC.

Ann Imig said...

Amazing job Lisa! Craig! EVERYONE I LOVE!!

So proud and excited to see this all come to fruition.

Unknown said...

Fan freaking tastic!

Julie said...

So excited to get my copy in the mail! You, Vicky and Dina are the only women who make me literally LOL! Congrats Anna!!

Consciously Sedated/Rachel Paul said...

Congrats, Anna. Look forward to reading it.

Beth Kephart said...

Congrats, Anna! So happy for your happiness!

shrink on the couch said...

Love it. And worth a lot to learn I'm not the only woman who experiences toe-ring-envy.

Congrats on your book!!

Liz @ ewmcguire said...

It's perfect! Absolutely love it.

larainydays said...

I'm so excited for you. I hope you travel to Arizona so I can gush at your book signing. I'm a natural gusher.

Suniverse said...

This is wonderful!

I'm not sure if Kegels have attributed to my road rage, but I'll stop doing them as a test.

Anonymous said...

Love it! If you make it to NYC, let us know!

Alexandra said...

ACK!

Now I know why you LOVE ME!!

My toe ring at BlogHer!!!!!!!!!!!!!


SERIOUSLY: very happy, happy happy for you.

WHen I see you at BlogHer 12, I will hypnotize you with my ringed toe (look at the right foot..it's the prettier one) and you WILL sign my copy..with lots of XXX and OOO's.

SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. ybook...fitoed

HermanTurnip said...

So, what you're saying is that I *shouldn't* be wearing my toe ring? Ah well...perhaps I'll grow a soul patch in its stead. Soul patches are still cool, right?

Cassoulet Cafe said...

Um...hey...ahem...Anna, buddy, old pal...do you remember me? Yeah, we used to be blogger friends...but, um, I went MIA for a couple few years. (Does that make me a bad friend?)
So,last night, I decide to look up your blog because I was needing something funny to read and I never forgot how funny you were, even if I forgot to read your blog. hee.
Anyhoo, I suddenly see this big pink thing next to the word AMAZON.
I realize it has your name on it. And I remember just HOW CLOSE you and I were and if you might have missed me. (ha, just joking).

But REALLY, you are AWESOME and FAMOUS! I am so super happy to see you are published in such a BIG WAY! And I got my free preview, at 1:30 this morning, and all I have to say is thank goodness you are so friggin' hilarious because I woke my husband up because of my complete laughing hysteria meltdown...and got HIM laughing just as hard after I read him some Chicktionary definitions.
Wow...I'm definitely going to buy the book. But I won't read it where I have to act like a sane person.

Your old pal,
Cassoulet Cafe'

Regina said...

Congratulations! This was awesome!