Sunday, January 2, 2011

Big, Throbbing Nuggets...

...Of Comfort.

I'm delighted to be guest posting over at Vodka Mom's pad today, where I'm sharing a few of my favorite quotations to kick off the new year with a bang whimper rustle odd thrum vengeance.

I hope the holidays treated all of you just right.

2010 was an unusually challenging year for most everyone I know (including myself). I don't think anyone gets through life without living through periods of time that leave one feeling dazed and punch-drunk.

When I find myself in one of those years, I try to be philosophical and learn from the experience.


Here's what I've learned coming out of 2010:


I'm making 2011 my prison girlfriend.

Who's with me?


[See you over at Vodka Mom's...]

19 comments:

Karen said...

YES! Somehow I knew you would totally nail what I needed to do in 2011 right in the head.

Vodka Mom said...

as soon as I brush my teeth, i am giving you a BIG fat kiss.


xoxoxox

Fragrant Liar said...

I bitch-slapped 2010, so I'm with you! As long as there are no prison guards. They're mean suckers.

Lori @ In Pursuit of It All said...

Oh hell yes.

But only if she wears the really tight jumpsuit.

Heather said...

Amen, sister! A most happy New Year to you! xo

Melissa said...

I'm totally with you! My 2010 was filled with so much major suckage it was ridiculous!

Happy 2011,
Melissa

Chris said...

I say go for it!

Where do I get a prison girlfriend? I mean, without actually going to a prison?

The Retired One said...

Too funny!! And your commentors were hilarious too!

Sharon Rose said...

Love your post at Vodkamom's!

I'm with you! Let's just please make sure she doesn't wear a wallet and chain and steel-toed boots. I just can't do that. . . even if it is a prison girlfriend. LOL

Oh, and NO MULLET either!

Tarja said...

Really, the best part was the picture. When I make someone my girlfriend with a shiv in one hand and a rose in the other, we leap through grassy meadows like rhythmic gymnastic dancers being chased by the prison guard.

Happy New Year! Looking forward to more of your creative genius.

Alexandra said...

Oh my gaaa!

You just made me laugh out loud like a drunk on new year's eve.

Thank you!

And team Lefleur .... yeah Howard Dean style!

Alexandra said...

dang...extra u in there.

Of course..ahem...that would be Team Lefler.

Joanie said...

That was some very sage advice you left over at Vodka Mom's place. Sage advice indeed.

When Pigs Fly said...

I like it!

Kulio said...

hahahaha

Grand Pooba said...

I want a prison girlfriend!

Lizzie said...

i love that! 2011... my prison girlfriend :) sounds so sweet!

Larry Vashon said...

Your work is great You are my new favorite on Twitter. I will also read your blog. I don't analyze why things make me laugh.

Larry Vashon
AAA Alumnus

essbesee said...

2011 is my prison girlfriend! i feel a catfight coming on.