Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chicken Link Showcase!

It's Gonna Be Big.

Intern Sergio came up with a brilliant idea at this morning's staff meeting (which is a good thing because, unpaid or not, he was about to get canned for bogarting all the sprinkle doughnuts again).

Each day, as we scour the Internet from the control tower at the LJKGW Multiplex, we run across all sorts of blogs. Short ones, tall ones...you get the picture.

What we love most, however, are blogs that are funny, original and that introduce us to someone we want to get to know better.

Well, guess what? We want to get to know YOU better - and give other readers the chance to get to know you, too.

So here's the deal:
I am going to ask you a question (don't look yet!!!) and I invite you to answer that question in a way that illustrates your wit, charm and all those other nice qualities your mother's always talking about.

After all, I know how awesome you guys are, so let's show them how awesome you are! (No, I don't know who "them" is. Let's just pretend they smell like cheese and are looking to steal your bike. That's right - show 'em!)

Please EMAIL your answer to me - don't leave it in the comment boxes. My email can be found at the very top of this screen, which constitutes the scavenger hunt portion of this post. Hint: it looks like this:



Once I've received all your brilliant responses, I will compile them into one mind-blowing post and link up to every one of your blogs! And, if you want to link back here so everyone starts visiting everyone else, well that would be cool. Then it could be like an open house/progressive dinner party thing. [Note to self: buy cocktail weenies.] That part's totally up to you.

Anyway.

Here is the question (and I'm pretty proud of it because I thought it up myself):

Why did the chicken cross the road?

I know. I can't wait to read your answers! (Please aim to keep them brief, like the original punchline of the joke.)

Deadline:

Please EMAIL your answers (one per blog, please) to me by MIDNIGHT West Coast time on Friday, January 28.

I will post the Mega Chicken Link Showcase on Monday, January 31. (I'm telling you this in case you want to vacuum or bribe your mother-in-law into taking her epic nap on someone else's sofa for the day. Totally your call.)

One Last Thing

You guys know what a big square I am, so please don't send any language (or, God forbid, a mental image) that would make your cousin the longshoreman blush, or I won't be able to publish it. And I do want to run your answer and show you off to the others!

I hope you have fun with this and that it results in a fresh, fragrant crop of new readers for your blog.

Can't wait to read your emails!


17 comments:

Anna Lefler said...

Remember - don't leave your answer here...please email it to me at the address listed in the post!

Cowabunga!

XO

A.

Sue Wilkey said...

TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!!!!!

AHahahahahahahahahaha......
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.


***crickets**



why is nobody posting here?

Deb Rox said...

Dang it, she took my answer. Back to the drawing board.

shrink on the couch said...

I couldn't even come up with THAT answer. Sigh.

lisahgolden said...

Hi, Anna! How long would you like the answers to be? Tweetable, essay, White Paper, Master Thesis or like a Franzen novel?

Safe to assume footnotes are optional?

P.S. I like this idea!

Anna Lefler said...

Great question!

If possible, please keep the answers brief, in keeping with the original punchline of the joke.

I've gotten a few answers that are quite long and I'm worried about space, especially since my blog columns are narrow...

Thanks!

:^}) Anna

Janey B said...

Ok, girlfriend, you're on! :)

Amy W said...

Hmmm... I smell a video punchline to this one!

SharleneT said...

Why doesn't anyone ever care about the rooster?!?

HumorSmith said...

Short? Great! Now ya tell me. How do I get out of this chicken outfit?

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Now what was the question again?
Seriously neat idea and sounds like fun
Maggie

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

You genius. This is way more efficient than a white elephant gift exchange party.

Watson said...

I'm looking forward to the responses!

Mehreen said...

wow its realy great..

funny sms

When Pigs Fly said...

Great idea. Now I need to actually think of something witty to write. That may be a problem.

Anonymous said...

Is this a Polish chicken?

EC said...

Thanks everyone for giving me the best laugh in a long time! Great to see the classic joke still stimulating the imagination! :)